|Salary Range:||$16.66 per hour|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefits Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Is AMERICAN the right fit for you?|
We believe in doing things THE RIGHT WAY. Thatís why our employees earn competitive pay, receive excellent benefits and have opportunities to grow. All this while making products the world needs.
AMERICAN Cast Iron Pipe Company (ACIPCO) is hiring for positions in our Manufacturing Division in Birmingham. Work is physical in nature, and applicants must be able to work a three-shift rotation. Employees enjoy excellent benefits including profit sharing, a nationally recognized wellness program, medical and dental insurance, paid vacations and holidays, and much more. Our Ductile Iron Pipe, Melting and Foundry operations are starting points for many at AMERICAN. With time, these opportunities can lead to others, such as learning a trade or becoming a supervisor. Opportunity, excellent benefits and competitive pay are just a few reasons to consider working with AMERICAN.
|Duties:||Work involves a wide variety of tasks that will ensure the plant is prepared for production. Tasks could include cleaning raw and waste materials from prior shift, skimming molten iron, adding raw materials to ladles, rolling various size pipe down pipe conveyors, separating scrap metal, operating mobile equipment, cleaning work area, stacking timbers on pipe, monitoring pipe oven, patching ladles, etc. See job description for details.|
Partial Essential Functions of the Job:
Walking/standing for long periods of time is required.
Climbing steps, ladders, and vertical ladders is required.
Kneeling, crouching, stooping crawling, and balancing are required.
Overhead, forward, bended reach are required.
Handling and use of fingers is required.
Seeing and hearing for safety is required.
Pushing and pulling 50 pounds of force is required.
Lifting and carrying weights of a minimum of 50 pounds is required.
|Qualifications:||1. Must exhibit a high school degree or equivalency (GED).|
2. Must be willing and able to work rotating shifts (Day, Evening and Nights) on a two (2) to four (4) week rotation.
3. Must be willing and able to work extra hours on weekdays, weekends, or holidays as required to fulfill job duties.
4. Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment such as hard hat, steel toed shoes, safety glasses, etc.
5. Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the job which includes performing manual work in a manufacturing environment lifting a minimum of 50 pounds on a routine basis.
6. Must consent to substance abuse screening.
7. Due to the hazardous nature of the job environment (mobile equipment, overhead cranes, etc.) acceptable levels of vision and hearing are required in order to identify and respond to visual and audible warnings in a safe manner.
8. Must exhibit a record of punctuality and good attendance.
9. Must exhibit the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the job duties.
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.